Kim Kardashian has an amazing talent for calling attention to herself. For two days her name has been one of the top Google searches due to gossip that she is now dating rapper and music mogul Kanye West. On Friday she snagged herself a guest hosting assignment on The Today Show, following former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin this week. No word yet who did better in the ratings.
Kardashian used to be famous for being famous. Now the 31-year-old reality TV star is infamous for her lavish, star-studded, controversial wedding to basketball player Kris Humphries. Kardashian sold TV and photo rights for $17.9 million. The marriage fell apart 72 days later and the pair is headed for a divorce trial that’s sure to keep her in the headlines.
However, Kardashian told Today’s Ann Curry she “tries to not really talk about stuff involving him and the situation,” and that she has “closed that chapter and I’m just really ready to move on.”
When Curry asked if her marriage was faked to boost her reality show’s ratings, Kardashian pushed back. “I didn’t need that — the show does amazing with or without the wedding.” Kardashian added, “I learn a lesson from everything I go through. The whole experience has changed me for the better and I have no regrets.”
Kardashian and Humphries have more company than you might think with their ridiculously brief marriage. We’ve put together a Top Ten Shortest Celebrity Marriages List for you. Remember some of these? Maybe not, as all were over faster than Kim and Kris.
Dishonorable Mention: Lisa Marie Presley and Nicolas Cage: These two didn’t make it to 120 days and the scary thing is that Presley stayed married to Michael Jackson for longer than she did to Cage.
10. 60 Days: Pamela Anderson and Rick Salomon. These two got married in Las Vegas (a common theme here), and broke up after just 60 days. Former Baywatch star Anderson was also married to singer Kid Rock for just 114 days.
9. 59 Days: Rick Rockwell and Darva Conger. Rockwell was the first rich guy bachelor on reality TV. Remember “Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?” Rockwell married Darva Conger on February 15, 2000. The marriage was annulled on April 5.
8. 42 Days: Chris Kattan and Sunshine Tutt. Kattan is a former Saturday Night Live actor. Tutt claims to be a ninth generation great granddaughter of the famous Egyptian king. Tutt walked like an Egyptian straight out of this brief marriage after 42 days.
7. 29 Days: Drew Barrymore and Jeremy Thomas. In between being an adorable child star and an accomplished director/producer/actress as an adult, Barrymore had her crazy decade in the 1990s. During this time she married Thomas on the first day of Spring, March 20, 1994. The two didn’t even make it to the summer, and divorced on April 28.
6. 26 Days: Axl Rose and Erin Everly. Guns and Roses frontman and the daughter of one of the Everly Brothers married in Las Vegas and had the marriage annulled in 26 days. But they tried it again, and the second time it lasted nine month before they called it quits in 1991….more